The Texas Rangers (18-18) stop by Oracle Park Monday to start a quick two-game series with the host San Francisco Giants (20-14). First pitch is set for 9:45 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook ‘s lines around the Rangers vs. Giants odds with MLB picks and predictions . The […]
The Texas Rangers (18-18) stop by Oracle Park Monday to start a quick two-game series with the host San Francisco Giants (20-14). First pitch is set for 9:45 p.m. ET. Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Rangers vs. Giants odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Rangers beat the Seattle Mariners yesterday 10-2, winning the rubber match, and have won seven of their past 10 games.
San Francisco was boat raced by the San Diego Padres, 11-1, but still won the three-game set and is 5-5 in the previous 10 games.
RHP Kyle Gibson gets the nod for the Rangers. Gibson is 3-0 with a 2.40 ERA (41 1/3 IP, 11 ER), 1.04 WHIP, 2.8 BB/9 and 7.6 K/9 across 7 starts.
- Last outing: No-decision in 8 IP with 3 ER, 3 H, 2 BB and 8 K in Texas' 6-3 win over the Minnesota Twins Tuesday.
- Career vs. Giants: 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA (5 IP, 5 ER), 0 BB and 4 K in 1 start, back in 2014.
- Vs. Giants on the current roster: 31 at-bats with a .258/.324/.323 slash line, 3/3 K/BB rate, 0 HR and 4 RBIs.
LHP Alex Wood is the projected starter for the Giants. Wood is 3-0 with a 1.96 ERA (23 IP, 5 ER), 0.78 WHIP, 2.0 BB/9 and 8.6 K/9 over 4 starts.
- Last outing: Loss, 8-6, in 5 IP with 2 ER, 4 H, 2 BB and 2 K Tuesday vs. the Colorado Rockies.
- Career vs. the Rangers: 1-0 with a 0.64 ERA (14 IP, 1 ER), 0.86 WHIP and 9.0 K/9 in 2 starts (the last start was in 2018).
- Vs. Rangers on the current roster: 27 at-bats with a .407/.407/.630 slash line, 7/0 K/BB rate, 1 HR and 3 RBIs.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
Rangers at Giants odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Rangers +125 (bet $100 to win $125) | Giants -150 (bet $150 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Rangers +1.5 (-165) | Giants -1.5 (+140)
- Over/Under: 7 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Rangers 5, Giants 3
When you look a little deeper into both starting pitchers' performance then you'd see there's more legitimacy to Gibson's.
Each has impressive advanced pitching rates, but all four of Wood's starts have been against two opponents (Colorado and the Miami Marlins), both of which have bottom-10 lineup in wOBA, wRC+ and BB/K rate.
Gibson, however, after getting roughed up his first outing, has six straight quality starts. Furthermore, Texas is 11-4 this year when facing a left-handed starter.
Not only do the Rangers have the better starter situation, but they also have a more reliable bullpen.
Texas's bullpen ranks fourth in xFIP, fifth in SIERA and sixth in K-BB% whereas Colorado's reliever rank bottom-10 in all of those metrics.
RANGERS (+125) for 1 unit.
PASS because the Rangers +1.5 (-165) is too expensive, and I don't feel strongly enough to take the Rangers -1.5 (+225) on the alternate run line.
Also, since the beginning of last season, Texas has the worst run line record in the majors, and San Francisco is a respectable 13-9 RL.
I'm banking on another strong outing out of Gibson and already laid out an argument for Texas' pitching staff as a whole so I'll just PASS on the total.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.